Doing Tires
Hello Ewan,
Yesterday and today, we change tires to get ready for winter driving. It's part of an annual ritual. I got you more involved this year and you responded well. You stuck with most of the ritual both yesterday and today, which is not bad for a 6 year old. You did cry today because you were too cold and you thought I "force" you do wait outside.
You told me your most favorite moment was jacking up the car (by pushing a button). But you told me overall, spending time with me was your favorite part.
To be honest, I was very happy to have your company. Even though there's some safety risk but I think you are mature and careful enough. And when I ask you how was your experience, you said you were glad that you could spend this time with me because you love me very much, and that "you are all I need." I had no idea. That warmed my heart. Then I said, "that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. To which you said, "yes, I am pretty sweet."
Well, thanks again for your help to get our cars ready for the winter. I know you are not fond of being outside so much and much rather play with toys indoor. But you still stuck it out with me outside in the garage.
Selfie in the garage.
Treat after tire change
Finishing up after you went back inside to watch TV.





Comments
Post a Comment